The smallest replay machine in the world
In industry terms Simple R is an 8-channel system. It provides simultaneously: 3 recording video channels, high-speed full-frame search on all 3 recorded channels and playback of 2 channels with transition effects between them.
The system utilizes industry-proven codecs: DVCPro 50 / DVCPro HD.
Its size and weight is suitable for carry-on luggage
Simple R features a new, specially redesigned multiviewer interface displaying three input channels and three windows for recorded video for immediate review and search.
In addition to standard for all slomo.tv systems PlayOut-PGM, we added Preview window.
Preview uses industry-standard interface, displaying the next clip during Playlist playout or active channel during the search.
Recording into NLE native video formats
Recorded material can be exported into NLE native format using MXF and QuickTime containers with compression DVCPro 50 / DVCpro HD. This provides compatibility with Apple Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, and Grass Valley Edius. Export files can be written to network storage via Gigabit Ethernet or to external hard drives installed into special dual rack connected to the system via USB 3.0 interface.
SSD based internal storage
For the first time in broadcast equipment practice Simple R storage is based on SSD. This allows it to operate in extremely harsh conditions, including at a high level of vibration.
Up to 80 recorded hours in HD
This is an outstanding characteristic even for full size systems and is unique for such miniature size.
In the case of system use only as multichannel recorder for subsequent video editing, the number of recorded channels is increased 4. In this configuration control of recorded video is carried out on additional HDMI monitor connected to the system.
Among the unique Simple R features is recording function of 3 uncompressed Full HD 4:2:2 10 bit signals. During recording, in addition to multiviewer visualization, a separate Full HD video monitor can be attached to the system via HD SDI interface.
Export of recorded video for editing is carried out in 10-bit uncompressed Quick Time (codec v210).
Simple R provides:
- 4 Inputs HD/SD-SDI;
- Output HD/SD-SDI;
- Sync-In (Black Burst or Tri-Level);
- LTC Input;
- RS-422 Interface, which also supplies power to Control Z console;
- GPIO for integration with mixers;
- DVI Out for connecting multiviewer interface monitor;
- HDMI Out for additional monitor with multiviewer functions;
- USB 3.0 for external dual 3.5" SATA HD Trayless Rack;
- GbE interface for network connection;
- Standard computer interface connectors.
- Support of high-speed SuperMotion cameras 3x (requires three separate input channels);
- Export of recorded material in formats Apple Final Cut and Avid MC;
- 4-channel recording with subsequent MXF/Quick Time export of recorded material. Exports may be made to a network file server via 1GbE interface or to external trayless dual 3.5" SATA HDD rack;
- RAW Recording. This option is designed for recording three channels of 1920x1080 10-bit uncompressed video. This allows you to get the best possible video quality which could be used for complex graphical processing and/or for cinematography. Export of recorded material is made in uncompressed 10-bit Quick Time format files (codec V210).